Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Build Problem

Quote Reply
Build Problem
My hosting company decided to change web server without informing me. They copied my cgi-bin across to the new location - and I'm now getting a problem when I build - all variations. I get the message:

"The Document Contains No Data"

I suspect this is either a permissions or paths problem as they managed to screw up the first and change the second when they upgraded. I've checked all the permissions and changed the paths (I think).

Any ideas - everything else appears to work

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [hdrcgb] Build Problem In reply to
When you they copied to a new location, do you mean just a different (hopefullly better) server, or a new location? Ask them to verify what the PATH should be, if it has changed, then make sure that you have it set right in links.cfg.

Sounds like maybe Links can't find the /data directory, or is finding it empty. Look at /admin/data/links.db and be sure there your info is still there. If not, you can replace it with a backup copy. Let us know how it goes...

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Build Problem In reply to
They moved everything to a new server box, changed the path, changed the perl location, copied all the files across setting permissions wrongly - finally sorted the last problem today (I hope)

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [hdrcgb] Build Problem In reply to
Wow..they dont know what .tar.gz'ipping files is? And scariest of all, they didn't even tell you they were moving? What prats!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Build Problem In reply to
But you host websites and don't know what mysql error 127 is Wink

Last edited by:

Paul: Dec 18, 2002, 10:58 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Build Problem In reply to
>>>you host websites and <<<

Erm, do I?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Build Problem In reply to
You used to ;)

Last edited by:

Paul: Dec 18, 2002, 3:12 PM