Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Banner ads on my links site

Quote Reply
Banner ads on my links site

I've searched through previous threads on this one and have seen a number of posts but they all seem a little complicated to a newbie like me.

As a simple request I'd like to include banner ads on my site (468x60s). Initially these will be a selection of affiliate programmes that I'm signed up with. Hopefully these being seen on my site may encourage others to pay to advertise (one can always hope!)

Question 1
Is there a piece of (free) software that anyone can recommend that I use and that integrates with Links? I've seen a number of paid for systems mentioned but no free ones yet.

Question 2 - In searching through previous threads on this topic 'SQL' seems to be mentioned a lot. Sorry to be a real dodo but what is 'SQL'?

Any contributions regarding ad serving/banners etc from anyone who has had experience of this would be appreciated

Cakey

Quote Reply
Re: Banner ads on my links site In reply to
In Reply To:
Is there a piece of (free) software that anyone can recommend that I use and that integrates with Links? I've seen a number of paid for systems mentioned but no free ones yet.
WebAdverts as mentioned quite a few times in the forums...it is shareware...$50.00, but quite worth it for low traffic web sites.

In Reply To:
In searching through previous threads on this topic 'SQL' seems to be mentioned a lot. Sorry to be a real dodo but what is 'SQL'?
Structured Query Language.

For more information, click on the following link:

http://www.aj.com/...asearch=yes&ads=

Regards,

Eliot Lee