Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Auto submission is not allowed..error

Quote Reply
Auto submission is not allowed..error
Hi,

I'm running Links version 2.0 and when a user submits a link the error message they receive is:

Auto submission is not allowed in this directory. Please visit the site to add your entry.

I tried changing to the full path as the comment suggests in my cgi-bin/add22.cgi file to no avail. Beyond that for now, I'm out of my league and looking for some direction as to where the problem may be.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: [JulesM] Auto submission is not allowed..error In reply to
Erm, not really "Pre Sales" this question? Wink... I've moved it for ya

Quote:
I'm running Links version 2.0 and when a user submits a link the error message they receive is:

Auto submission is not allowed in this directory. Please visit the site to add your entry.

I tried changing to the full path as the comment suggests in my cgi-bin/add22.cgi file to no avail. Beyond that for now, I'm out of my league and looking for some direction as to where the problem may be.

Erm, are you running Links SQL or Links 2 (non SQL) ????

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Auto submission is not allowed..error In reply to
Thanks. I have no idea if this is a sql or not. Guess I have some reading to do as this might not be an easy fix.

I put it in pre-sales because I almost want to assume that a new version will have to be purchased.

Thank you again.

Last edited by:

JulesM: Sep 21, 2010, 8:44 AM
Quote Reply
Ok - you didn't answer my question though ;)

Is this Links 2 (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/links/) , or Gossamer Links (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/glinks/)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Ok sorry about that. I know nothing about this system. It's the non-sql version.
Quote Reply
Ok np - I've moved it for you

This error:

Quote:

...isn't a standard error (as far as I can remember)

Have you installed any other "hack" / "mods" ?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Sorry, my mistake - seems like that is a standard feature:

add.cgi:

Code:
sub process_form {
# --------------------------------------------------------
my ($key, $status, $line, $output);
# Check the referer.
if (@db_referers and $ENV{'HTTP_REFERER'}) {
$found = 0;
foreach (@db_referers) {
$ENV{'HTTP_REFERER'} =~ /$_/i and $found++ and last;
}
if (!$found) {
&site_html_add_failure ("Auto submission is not allowed in this directory. Please visit the site to add your entry.");
return;
}
}

What do you have set in your links.cfg for:

@db_referers

?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
There was a problem with link validation and they renamed the add21 file to add22 "for validation reasons"...other peoples words. The guy I'm fixing this for told me that it was working fine but had stopped a while ago. He has thousands of links backed-up and only one way to check if they're broken or not. This is going to be fun.
Quote Reply
In links.cfg

@db_referers = ();

Last edited by:

JulesM: Sep 21, 2010, 9:08 AM
Quote Reply
MMm.. I can't see why that would stop it

BTW, you say he has "thousands" of links.... maybe worth looking at upgrading to GLinks (SQL) ... cos Links2 limits out at around 1-2k worth of links (after that, you may find you get DB errors, where the files get corrupt)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks mate. See that was my initial thought but my gut tells me that this guy is a cheapskate...hence asking me to repair it.
Quote Reply
hahha fair enough =)

Well, I guess you could try adding some debugging in, to see where/why that error is coming up. It must be standard code, so not sure why it wouldn't be working on his site - but fine on hundreds/housands of others.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk