Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Alex, I need your permission...

Quote Reply
Alex, I need your permission...
Nevermind. Don't post to this topic anymore...

[This message has been edited by mjordn12 (edited March 06, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Alex, I need your permission... In reply to
I heard that the technical definition of any organization that is "non-profit" is one that does not make more than to support itself. So technically you can still make money, but only enough to support the services that you are providing. Not that I'm the final word on anything 'cause it is Alex's decision, but just a FYI. If anyone wants to correct me, feel free to do so.
Quote Reply
I know that, it's just that we are going to try to make a little more so we can do a little more for the site and if we really start producing a bundle of cash we'll pay for it, or at least some, or however much if any Alex wants.

Regards,
MJ
Quote Reply
If your a Non-Profit org you can't legally earn "a bit more" then what it takes to do what you do.. otherwise that would be "Profit" :P

As long as your website and/or online store is legally concidered part of your Org. then and moneys put into the website/online store would still be covered under the "Non-Profit" laws and the script would still be available for free use.

But as far as trying to make a little "profit" from the "online store", You Can't legally do that if your "Non-Profit"...

Hope ya follow what I am saying :P

Laters