Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

A few questions

Quote Reply
A few questions
Here I am again...this time I have some questions about how to change a few things. All of these are related to language. I don't know if this is possible but if so I would like to know how to make these changes.

1- Is it possible to edit the <%error%> field? That's because I would like the results in Portuguese.

2- The same goes to "and" and "or" in advanced search.

3- Also the "Rate It" link in every site added.

4- Finally the Email subjects when Links send an email to people who add/modify a link.

Again, I have no idea if this is possible. But if it is, then it would be cool to know how to do it Smile

Thanks again
Quote Reply
Re: A few questions In reply to
1) Yes...Go into the .cgi scripts and edit the text between the ( and ).

2) You have to edit the search.html template file to do this. It is not wise to change the and/or values in the search.cgi unless you are a competent programmer.

3) In the link.html template file, change "Rate It" to whatever you want. And you can edit the error messages in that script as well.

4) Edit the email-add.txt and email-mod.txt files.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Ok, got it. But I still have a problem in point number 4. The problem is with the subject of the email, not with the body...I can change the body of it editing the templates but how can I change the subject?
Quote Reply
Look for sub html_validate_email, sub html_modify_email, and sub html_reject_email in admin_html.pl. Those values are passed to nph_email.cgi.

Dan
Quote Reply
thanks