Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

A beginer problem

Quote Reply
A beginer problem
  I have installed links2 and I can reach the admin.cgi file. Everything seems to be fine, I can add,delete,view and modify. When I "build all" a page comes up saying it's verified all the links. I guess that is ok.
When I use the search.cgi; the links along with the category are displayed.
The problem is when I click on the category link. I get an error message that there is no page. When I look in the pages directory, there are no pages accept a background.gif file and the links.css file.
When I click on the link, I get a can't find the ID number(#)error. When I first added the link there was a progressive ID number given to each link. When I "link view" by the ID number only;the information is shown.
What do I have to do to get it working right?
Also very basic.
How do you exchange your existing site index file to display the "Home" page? I have tried renaming the home page to index, and then copying it over the site index file, and then have gone to the site; it's just blank.
Any information would be appreciated.
Michael
Quote Reply
Re: A beginer problem In reply to
I don't know much. My suggestion is to install a raw copy first and see if everything works and modify one item at a time, save the old working copy, reload new version. This way, if there is a problem you know where the problem is.