Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

644 CHMOD

Quote Reply
644 CHMOD
I am facing a problem, I changed the servers and copied the script and back up files from one server to another. Just changed the html directory paths and copied the script to new server.

Now script is generating the html index page and directory pages but with CHMOD 644.

Any reason for this?

Thanks,
Zeshan.
Quote Reply
Re: [zeshan] 644 CHMOD In reply to
When you moved, did you copy over the www (HTML) files also? If yes, try removing them (backup, then delete/rename), and hit 'build-all.' This way, the script will re-generate all directories from the new server, just in case there was a problem...

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] 644 CHMOD In reply to
Nope, I never copied the WWW Html folder, I made it first time (by build all) runing the script on new server with old back up files.
Quote Reply
If you have SSH/Telnet access to your site, then 'cd' into the sub-folder where the 'pages' folder resides. Type the following;

chmod 0666 -R *

(can't remember if the * should be before the -R)

Hope that helps.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] 644 CHMOD In reply to
Thanks Andy,

and what If haven't got this access?
How to do this using FTP access?

Zeshan.
Quote Reply
>>>and what If haven't got this access?
How to do this using FTP access? <<<

There is a hack here somewhere that will automatically CHMOD the files to 666. Please try a hack I wrote at;

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=136767#136767

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!