Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

20 links in a page

Quote Reply
20 links in a page
When the "build all" link is clicked, it starts building pages (html files) with 10 links on each page. Is it possible to increase to 20 links per page?

Quote Reply
Re: 20 links in a page In reply to
1) Open your links.cfg file (which you should get to know better...it will be your best friend in terms of customizing LINKS to fit your needs). Wink

2) Find the following codes:

Code:

# Number of links per page.
$build_links_per_page = 10;

3) Ah...see the 10. Change the 10 to 20.

4) Save your links.cfg file.

5) Upload your new and improved links.cfg file to your web server.

6) Re-build your index...voila...20 links per page! Tongue

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
[ASIDE]
Do we need a complete step-by-step guide for everything?
[/ASIDE]

--Drew
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MUSIC@NonSilent
http://ucmd.virtualave.net/pages/
Quote Reply
Most people do since they clearly do not understand about editing files. Mad

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Yes. As long as Mr Eliot Lee himself willing of writing a clearer version, I appreciate it. And thank you very much, Eliot Lee.

One more thing, Dedicated to Drew:
I know how to edit and transfer a file, but don't you think
that what Mr Eliot Lee said is true that some may not know how to do it.

Anyway, thanks to both of you.

Quote Reply
You're welcome....

And yes...I have observed two cases in particular over the past week of people not uploading their edited files to the server and stating,"It doesn't work."

Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Haha....well, then you will always have to remind those peole to upload their file before they try their new script.

Eliot, are you a chinese? Because I see a "Lee" there.

Quote Reply
That is a pretty stereotypical question to ask! Mad

Lee is the second common name in Korea next to Kim.

Also, Lee was a common name during the post-colonial period in the United States...like Robert Lee.

I am half South Korean and half European-American (Norweigan and French...little Irish and Swiss).

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I know what I said looked a bit smart-alec-ish, but I seriously think we DO need to write a detailed manual like Carol did for DBMAN... just don't count on me to do it. I won't have any time. Smile

--Drew
Quote Reply
Drew, hmmm...you make me wonder why hasn't anyone compile
the FAQs, and all those answers from Eliot Lee to become an ultimate manual of Links 2.0, and let them download it together with links 2.0 .So Eliot will not have to answer the same question again and again.

Well, that will sure use up some time, but Eliot will
be free for the rest of his life on Links 2.0, HAha...

Lastly, Eliot, do you mind if I call you Eliot?
Hmm I seldom see people calling you like that....

Quote Reply
Oh...How can I forget that..I also have friends from Korea.

Well, may be because I am a chinese, I always remember those who have a surname as Lee.

Bruce Lee......Brandon Lee......hhmm..

Quote Reply
Calling me Eliot is fine...but I prefer not be addressed in Thread Titles or in initial postings, like "Eliot, can you help me with this?" That really discredits the many other Link users who are also capable and willing to help.

Wink

About the manual idea...good idea...However, I think that the Resource Center does serve a purpose and there is already FAQs in there. I have tried over the past months to add relevant FAQs in the Resource Center to help other Link users. If you find other questions that are frequently asked and you know the answer, feel free to submit a FAQ in the Resource Center.

About my ethnicity...no problems...just remember that names do not always directly related to one particular culture group. Wink Like a friend of my mine who is European-American and her last name is Lee.

Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee