Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

"What's New" email addies request

Quote Reply
"What's New" email addies request
OK, I send out the "What's New" that ppl sign up for...

Message sent succesfully to '2dark4u@realvamp.zzn.com' [unsubscribe]
Message sent succesfully to 'somebody@aol.com' [unsubscribe]
Message sent succesfully to 'addy_changed@hotmail.com' [unsubscribe]
Message sent succesfully to 'generic_email_addy@hotmail.com' [unsubscribe]
Azzazel... User unknown
Message sent succesfully to 'not_real_email@aol.com' [unsubscribe]
Message sent succesfully to 'somebody@aol.com' [unsubscribe]
Message sent succesfully to 'fake_addy@yahoo.com' [unsubscribe]

OK, that Azzazel... I have several such entries. I guess they were entered without teh @somedomain.com part. But they can't receive email, and there's no way to delete them. At least not without going into the text file and manually deleting them, saving the file, and reuploading it, hoping that I'm not wrting over any addies that may have been just submitted. Is there any way that "unsubscribe" or "delete" could be added to these lines?

Also, I was wondering if there was a confirmation email sent out to people who sign up? I always worry about people signing up other people as a prank, and I don't want to get accused of spamming.

--Sanguinarius
Your resident vampire ;P
http://www.sanguinarius.org/
Quote Reply
Re: "What's New" email addies request In reply to
In Reply To:
Is there any way that "unsubscribe" or "delete" could be added to these lines?
What lines? I don't understand your request.

In Reply To:
Also, I was wondering if there was a confirmation email sent out to people who sign up?
If you search for email confirmation within the Links 2.0 Forums using the SEARCH TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS that I posted in the Discussion Forum about a month ago.

And, BTW, the best way to avoid "bad" addresses is to edit the email check codes in the subscribe.cgi which currrently do not work well.

Regards,

Eliot Lee