Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

target="_blank"

Quote Reply
target="_blank"
Can anyone tell me where in the template link.html I must set the command target="_blank" that the links are open in a new window and the people are not forced to leave my site, thanks from austria
Quote Reply
Re: target="_blank" In reply to
You should be able to do it by <base target="_blank"> on each page, or modify site_html.pl under link, and put target="_blank" after the URL.
Quote Reply
Okay - to put the command in the header I don´t want cause so always a new window would open(also when somebody use the "home", "modify" .... and so on). The site_html.pl is a little bit too difficult for me it seems cause I tried a varity of places where I put the target="_blank" but it doesn´t work.
Maybe somebody did it before?????? (then please be so kind to tell me how - Thanks from Austria)
Quote Reply
Here ya go...

In the links template.

Change this line:

Code:
ul><li><a class="link" href="<%db_cgi_url%>/jump.cgi?ID=<%ID%>"><%Title%></a>

To:

Code:
<ul><li><a class="link" href="<%db_cgi_url%>/jump.cgi?ID=<%ID%>" target="_blank"><%Title%></a>

------------------
MRaburn
Raburn Network Solutions
www.raburn.net
Quote Reply
Thank you Michael - It work´s.
Quote Reply
If you don't want a new window opened for every link, change target="_blank" to target="linkwindow" or whatever name you want to give it. That way, the link will always open in the same target window instead of creating a new one each time.

------------------
Bob Connors
bobsie@orphanage.com
www.orphanage.com/goodstuff/
goodstufflists.home.ml.org/