Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

recommend_links.cgi PROBLEM

Quote Reply
recommend_links.cgi PROBLEM
I made all the modifications necessary and included the code in my site_html.pl file. The submit form appears Ok. When I test it out I get an error page that says the script can't write to the log file. When I check the log file its appearent that it HAS been written to. I try to submit the same email address again and now the script tells me that it can't send the mail because its a duplicate email address. I try again but this time from the error page and with a new email address and the resulting new page is now BLANK (with nothing on it).

Its obvious that the script can find the log file. Its also obvious that the script can write to the log file. So why the error?? And whats going on with the blank page? OH, BTW no mail seems to get sent either, nada! Using sendmail.

I've seen another person had problem with this one. Is it really a LEMON or is there something I'm missing??

Quote Reply
Re: recommend_links.cgi PROBLEM In reply to
Romeo,

the script in general is working. For me it's sending the mails. In your case it's most likely a configuration problem... To help you I need more details. Can I see it somewhere?

Denis