Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

drop-down category display

Quote Reply
drop-down category display
I think that after installing the drop-down category display that it is not working. http://www.southernshows.com/links/pages/

If you click on North Carolina, you get an error page that says please enter one or more key words. What could have gone wrong.

Thanks,

Gary

Quote Reply
Re: drop-down category display In reply to
If you are using my Category drop-down diplay, then you are using the wrong codes to call the redirect.cgi script, which should look like the following:

Code:

<form method="post" action="/cgi-bin/links/redirect.cgi">

Got it?

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi Elliot,

I am a bit confused. I took the drop down Main Categories for links mod from your web site. I added the
sub site_html_category_redirect sub-routine to my site_html_templates.pl file and also installed the redirect.cgi script.

I added on my home template page the <%redirect%> tag and this did add the drop down listing of my main categories. As I mentioned in the last post, I get a search error when I use the jump to box. I am not sure where I should put the call to the redirect.cgi script that you are mentioning.

Thanks for your help,

Gary

Quote Reply
You shouldn't be confused...The drop-down menu in my code hack does NOT use the search.cgi.

Read the following more carefully:

In Reply To:
1) You must download the redirect.cgi script first. Upload this file to your links cgi-bin directory. Change the permission of this file to 755 (rwxr-xr-x). (Instructions for installing this redirect script are located in the file.)
(Taken from the Mod instruction page!)

The redirect script is located here:

http://www.anthrotech.com/...rect/redirectcgi.txt

Got it???

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi appreciate your patience with my and so many other users seeking your help. I simply had to put an ending </form> tag to end the post to another cgi script and then your Mod worked.

Thanks,

Gary

Quote Reply
Good...glad you figured it out.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hello !!!

Is it possible to list only the subcategories for a determinated category instead list all ?

eg.

I want to put a drop down in my Sports category listing only his subcategories thus:

Category:
Sports

Drop Down:
Baseball
Soccer
Basketball
Football

Any ideas to make this ???

Regards,

marcoBR