Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

case sensitive ?

Quote Reply
case sensitive ?
Hi,

I know there was a thread on case sensitivity posted awhile back, but I can't seem to find it, and I don't recall if it covered this. I've added an additional input box so that a user may submit an additional word to search on, and this input box will search another field...but my problem is that if they enter it differently then it is submitted in the field it won't pull results. IE: if the user searches for "links" it won't pull results, however if they enter "Links" (as it is entered in the database) it will pull results. So I'm wondering how I might be able to fix the case sensitive issue here? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank You
Quote Reply
Re: case sensitive ? In reply to
This Topic may help you....

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...um3/HTML/003260.html

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Hey Eliot,

Yeah, I think I recently just looked over that one...I thought there was another one but maybe not? Anyway, did you actually ever get it figured out, because you kind of left thread by saying:

"Nope...Still didn't work."

I figured I'd ask before I started messing around with it.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Well...that is the only one that I am aware of...and to be honest...I don't know what were the magical codes that did the trick...even with the internal comments I posted in the script.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Hmm....

After reading that thread again, it probably won't help me anyway. By default, I'm assuming that links is Not case sensitive.... so searching for "Links" or "links" or "LINKS" should still give you the same results, right? That works fine in the standard input search form, and this is what I'm after for the additional input form I've added. This form will search an additional field and for some reason the text needs to match exactly what is specified in the database for that field or it won't pull results. Anyway, Eliot, if you have any ideas or if anyone else might know, that would be great.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Well, you must've done something differently with the second field you have in the search form. And I have no clue what you've done. So, I can't really help without knowing what you've done to your search.cgi script.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Ok...fair enough. I'll dig through it and see if I can't provide you with more info. Thanks for now.

see ya