Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Symbolic categories (@links) mod?

Quote Reply
Symbolic categories (@links) mod?
I've looked through the resources section, and done a search, but haven't been able to find anything relating to this. I may not be using the right terminology though.

What I'm looking for is a mod that allows symbolic links to categories, as used at Yahoo, DMOZ etc. where the category linked to would normally be a subcategory of the current one, but is in fact already repeated elsewhere.

This is subtly different to related categories, as they tend to be at a similar level in the hierarchy.

I'm probably not explaining this very well, but they normally have the '@' symbol in front of them.

Does anyone know of an existing mod that provides this feature?
Quote Reply
Re: [wysardry] Symbolic categories (@links) mod? In reply to
this may help:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...lated%20links;#37472
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Stealth: Feb 7, 2003, 4:06 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Symbolic categories (@links) mod? In reply to
Thanks. Smile

I didn't think to use the terms "related" or "Yahoo" because they're not really related, and I thought DMOZ used the method first.

I thought that if someone had done this before, they'd have based it on a variation of related cats, but both methods seem to have gone a completely different route.

I think I've saved all the info I need to try this out later (don't you just hate the threads that link to another thread that link to another thread?)