Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

modification help -display

Quote Reply
modification help -display
I need some help with my modifications. I have added two additional pages to store "awards" for site the owner wishes to commend. The problem is that the output for these two pages only lists the category that the chosen links falls in. I want the complete description of the site to be listed under the site title (not just the category it falls into) in the display. I have been over the scripts about 50 times comparing variables and what not but I just can't find out why its not working. What variable am I missing that is responsible for bringing the description into link_results or link_output?

Help please.

Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: modification help -display In reply to
If you are using sub build_cool_page or sub build_rate_page as a model for your awards page, and you have not referenced sub site_html_link for the format of links...you will need to add $links{'Description'} in the subroutine you created in the nph-build.cgi file.

Look for the variable: $link_results

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Eliot,
Thanks again for your help! When I am finished I will let you see the results and modifications. I am going to try your advice right now.

Cheers

Big D

Quote Reply
New problem:
I tried the changes suggested. However, this was not the problem. I am led to believe that there is something in the "what's cool" routines (from which I patterned the awards pages) that sets it apart as unique and counted differently. The reason I think this is that the "Cool" page behaves properly, but, the two subroutines patterned after it don't. They simply return the category heading for a site that has been chosen for an award. Therefore, there must be one routine which is causing this unique behavior. I did a global search for anything "cool" but could not determine what the problem is (either I made a mistake in the changes I made -- patterned after the remainder of the program, or, the "cool" routine is unique in some way which I have not been able to determine.).

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks