Re: Preventing Ratings Fraud?? In reply to
You're wrong!

Tongue

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] Preventing Ratings Fraud?? In reply to
Hi Elliot,

I had a question regarding this mod, but have edited this post after finding your post at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...gi?post=45237;#45237

The mod works great so far and would make an excellent addition to the resource section. Having it in the resources could have saved me about 4 hours of searching posts. Unsure

Thanks again for all of your help on these forums!

Last edited by:

o2tan: Oct 14, 2001, 11:06 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [o2tan] Preventing Ratings Fraud?? In reply to
I used to have a lot of MODS, which were linked in the Resources section, but since I no longer use Links 2.0 and some bad Links 2.0 users, I chose not to post the MODS anymore, thus the links in the Resources section were deleted...

Bye

========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] Preventing Ratings Fraud?? In reply to
I can understand why you dropped the mods. I've noticed that a lot of them still linger on the forum, so I guess if someone wants them bad enough they'll keep reading the posts. Actually, reading the posts to find what I need usually has me finding something else I like, too. ;)

The installed mod is logging IPs great! Of course, there are more IPs in there than I counted on seeing, and having to put them in a blocked IP array could get to be tedious.

I agree that blocking dynamic IPs is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing, but it's the best I've got to work with right now.

So, my next question then is, is there an easy way for the rate.cgi to check against the logged IPs to stop cheaters?

Thanks again for all of your help.

> >