Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

New links translate

Quote Reply
New links translate
First, thanks to Elliot for your help.

Second, i translate the script in French, but i would like to know what i must translate to have the date link in french in the New Sites pages ?

Thanks you

Quote Reply
Re: New links translate In reply to
Edit the date routines in the links.cfg file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks! i found my mistake

other translate problem, what can i change to translate tis "Top : New" for example ?

bye the way, am i stupid or does the LLinks can't be used to translate ? I didn't understand how to use this :)

Thanks

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
other translate problem, what can i change to translate tis "Top : New" for example ?
I JUST answered this question YESTERDAY. Please search this forum more carefully. Use Top:.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
oups sorry

Quote Reply
Hi well i find the post, made the change on nph-build.cgi, chmod 755, but it always the same problem, now i got impossible to display the page when i try Build All :((
and i can't use the normal nph-build, have to use the one modified for non-english, the other display the same error.
Please help :)

Thanks

Quote Reply
What did you edit???

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi
well first i found a post to translate the "Top" as i asked before, here the answer :

"in nph-build.cgi

In sub build_linked_title, change:

$output = qq| <A HREF="$build_root_url/">Top</A> :|;
to:

$output = qq| <A HREF="$build_root_url/">YourSiteTitle</A> :|;
If you use the nonenglish-mod, change also the following:
In sub build_linked_title_mb change:

$output = qq| <A HREF="$build_root_url/">Top</A> :|;
to:

$output = qq| <A HREF="$build_root_url/">YourSiteTitle</A> :|;"

so i made them, upload the nph-build.cgi (non english version) and when i try the Build All Command, the browser told it's impossible to display the page.

Second, the version I have backed up before installed the non-english version doesn't work anymore. It is the same error i've described here.

Hope your understand better my problem (sorry i'm french ;) )

Thanks

Regards bb

Quote Reply
Well...most likely you are using accented characters in your Site Title that you need to escape with \. Please POST exactly WHAT you edited, so that we can help de-bug the syntax!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
well yes but i don't want to use the non english mod anymore, but the original (where i didn't make any change) nph-build.cgi doesn't work, i can't edit the entire file here no ??

thanks for patience

Quote Reply
just remember that i made the 3 new and update when i made the backup before i put the non-english version but evrything worked well before..