Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Links2.0 Expirator Mod??

Quote Reply
Links2.0 Expirator Mod??
Dear All,
I really need a links expirator for my site. I know that there is LLinks, but the problem is I already have a ton of mods and also new added fields. I read in a previous message that lpluby had found out a way to implement an expirator so I had e-mailed him but he hasn't replied yet. So does anyone know the mod? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Greg
Quote Reply
Re: Links2.0 Expirator Mod?? In reply to
I, too, would love to see an Expirator Mod for Links 2.0.
Quote Reply
I've posted the Exiprator Mod in the resource centre. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
I can't find it. Waiting for validation, perhaps?
Quote Reply
Still can't find it
Quote Reply
The Resources web page has been updated and the Expirator Mod for Links 2.0 does not appear to be there.

Additionally, I sent email to Vincent Tan (see above - he said he submitted the mod) the other day requesting a pointer to the mod but, as yet, have not received a response.
Quote Reply
Vincent Tan,
Would you be able to e-mail me the modifications? For it seems that it has not been posted in the links modification area even though it was updated. My e-mail address is benz@op.net. Thank you very much.
-Greg
Quote Reply
Could you please send it to me as well? Email: hoydic@home.com
Quote Reply
And me please
mfs@btinternet.com

Thanks for your time..
Phil
Quote Reply
And me please

pcolsen@post11.tele.dk
Quote Reply
and me please

admin@icw-net.com

Thanks!

Bob
Quote Reply
Is this new mod just a farse? Can nobody provide the details on where to get this thing?
Quote Reply
FWIW, I emailed Vincent Tan this afternoon, it was returned as undeliverable.

Bob
Quote Reply
Well, its starting to seem that no one know how to put an expirator on Links2.0 without using Language Links. If there is Somebody out there could they please post the modification. I and many others are in need of this modification. Thank you.
-Greg
Quote Reply
Gregorio,

I did come up with the old Links 1.1 Expirator site
http://web-linker.com/...links/expirator.html

LLinks said they changes were very simple. Unfortunately, I don't perl.

Bob
Quote Reply
Hi,

Like you all, I also felt that this was a massive extra in links 1.1, and I really surprised that this has not been brought over to Links 2.0 (Standard Edition).

Anyone thought about emailing the person who made the links 1.1 version and find out if they plan or would like to make a Links 2.0 version.

Martin
Quote Reply
Hello,

Is everyone so sure that the Links Expirator for Links 1.1 doesn't work in Links 2.0?

------------------
James L. Murray
VirtueTech, Inc.
www.virtuetech.com
Quote Reply
Could the person who made the LLinks please teach the rest of us in this forum how to accomplish this feat of adding an expirator to links2.0. Bjordan said that the changes could not be that tough, but i am not great at perl either, so could you please post the changes in this forum or post it on the resources section. Thank you very much for your time.
-Greg