Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Different Jump.cgi Please Help!!!!!

Quote Reply
Different Jump.cgi Please Help!!!!!
My web host disbaled my jump.cgi becuase they said it was over loading the server. It there any other way to count the downloads with another script that works with Links?

Quote Reply
Re: Different Jump.cgi Please Help!!!!! In reply to
Any Ideas??

Quote Reply
Not really...unless you upgrade the script to use STRICT and mod_perl...better yet...upgrade to Links SQL.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
But doesn't that still use the jump.cgi file?

Quote Reply
LINKSsql In reply to
If I get that, will they install it for me and will I be able to keep all the addons and new features i've added over time?

Thanks,
Roger (0CooL)
0cool@planetquake3.net
Quote Reply
Yes...but it uses less CPU/Memory/ and other server resources.

For instance, when I was using Links 2.0, the average CPU percentage use for jump.cgi was: 30% and now it is less than 10% on average.

Strict Perl and mod_perl allow you to more efficiently use server resources than standard Perl....coupled with MySQL, it is a more powerful application than flat file systems, like Links 2.0.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
ok thx.. did ya ansewer my second Q:
If I get that, will they install it for me and will I be able to keep all the addons and new features i've added over time?

Thanks,
Roger (0CooL)
0cool@planetquake3.net
Quote Reply
Re: LINKSsql In reply to
Read the info about Links SQL...Yes...they will install it for you (base installation with no modifications). It took me two months to upgrade all the modifications I used for Links 2.0 to Links SQL...if that gives you any idea.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Will they do the mods for you if you pay more..

Thanks,
Roger (0CooL)
0cool@planetquake3.net
Quote Reply
No...but you can contact one of the Links SQL installers listed in the Resource Center.

Regards,

Eliot Lee