Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

File Upload Mod !

Quote Reply
File Upload Mod !
I tried Phoenix's File Upload Mod (http://www.asan.com/users/phoenix/upload/)
when I upload a img,there seemed a img in my Attach directory,but
when I brown it ,there display a Email adress!Why?pls help me!
Thanks a lot!
Quote Reply
Re: File Upload Mod ! In reply to

Quote:
when I brown it ,there display a Email adress!

Huh??? What does this mean??

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

Quote Reply
BROWSE
sorry Smile
Quote Reply
Did you add the new upload field in your existing links.db database after adding the field in your links.def file? If not, then your database is corrupted. You need to update it.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center

Quote Reply
THANKS!
But how can I update it?I removed all database from links.db,can this do it?
Thanks for your reply again!
Quote Reply
To update your links.db, read the FAQ in the Resource Center, which has been discussed many times in this forum.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center

Quote Reply
thanx!Are you sure it can work well?I find someone
said it cant work,they have problem as same as mine.
Quote Reply
I cusomized it a little. I use it so people can either add links or add files in which that case the file is auto linked to, I've had some minor problems with it but none that couldn't be fixed Smile I love it.

------------------
- YellowKard -

Quote Reply
Dood!Can I see how it works?Now I do it by this way:first let user upload their pic,then
tell them copy paste them as a link,it seemed
not profetional Frown
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm trying to get this MOD to work. I get the photo to show up, however, it isn't uploaded, only the URL pointing to it's location elsewhere on the web.

I have the path to my "photos" directory correct. In my tests I've used the existing URL field.

Any quick and easy idea about what I'm doing wrong?

--Train

Quote Reply
Hello again,

What I'd like with this Mod is a "Browse" button, and then a file upload.

Has anyone had any success with this? The similar Mod for DBMan works flawlessly, but I need Links ... any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

--Train

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Has anyone had any success with this?
Nope...but you can try adding the DBMAN File Upload codes in the add.cgi, add subs in the site_html_templates.pl file, and also in the add tempalte files.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks for the ideas Eliot. I tried creating the Mod myself ... again ... but it is just beyond my skill level.

Tip of the hat for all your help to everyone on this forum. Links is a great program and is even better because of all the help provided by this forum and those who, as you, provide so much help.

--Train

Quote Reply
You're welcome...

File uploads for me at this time are not a priority. When I move to a dedicated server with tons of disk space (in the next 2 years), I may pursue this type of modification for my Postcard site. But I don't see a need for it at this time.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Has anyone had any success with this?
I got it to work, www.fullwormage.com/files-n-links. It took me a while but I got it ask me if you got questions about it my icq number is in my profile. Now I'm just waiting for Eliot to make that addon to the review.cgi that deletes corrisponding reviews when the link is deleted (I'm going to add this to the upload mod so it deletes the file uploaded)

YellowKard
Quote Reply
I think that I am encountering this very same problem. An image with the correct file name and extension, gif for example, gets uploaded with the Image Upload Mod, but then the image appears as a broken one on the links page. Interesting enough when I view the source of the image that ended up being uplodaded, it turns out to be the nothing more than the email address entered as part of the link. This is very strange.

Quote Reply
Has anyone actually solved this, i finally got it working to upload something,but it still shows the broken image. has it ever worked with images. if there is a solution dont keep it a secret. I want people to add
their profiles on my site,with an image. This would be the simplest solution if it would work, but how?????
regards
klaus
Quote Reply
Sorry, but there are so many threads!
After reviewing as many as I can I am just trying to figure out if we are referring to the DBMan Upload mod at http://www.jpdeni.com/...ods/file_upload2.txt

Or is there a mod specifically for Links 2?
If so, PLEASE direct me to the mod itself vs. a series of discussions! Thanks

Quote Reply
Like someone else said!!
Code:
when I brown it
What does that mean (Brown it)?

Quote Reply
It would seem that this is the Final answer, however can you take a moment and translate the location of the subs. For example, appearantly DBMan has a default.cfg file. Does this translate to the links.cfg? etc.

I think everyone who has submitted to this thread would benefit from one of the more knowledgeable Guru's like Mr. Lee hacking the DBMan Upload Mod to conform to Links2.

It sure would simplify the process and save everyone the time of wading through the thread to figure out which answeres apply.