Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

External Rating Mod (using Templates)

Quote Reply
External Rating Mod (using Templates)
I installed the mod for the External Ratings, allowing sites to have a "Rate My site at...." on their site.

Doesn't work. I'm using Templates obviously (The Yahoo Templates), and I'm curious :

Does the external rating mod work WITH Yahoo Templates? I don't see why it wouldn't, so I'm left to assume that I didn't install it correctly, however, I DID follow the instructions to a 'T'.

Anyone?

Quote Reply
Re: External Rating Mod (using Templates) In reply to
SirFlem,

Mine is working fine. I am not an expert but if you explain the detail problem, I might suggest something.

Regards,

Pagla

Quote Reply
Thanks!

Ok, the problem seems to be that earlier today, I was validating a link, and when I clicked "BUILD" I got the error you see in my original post.

Then, All my links were gone. I still have a file dated today, (July 7) with the missing links, however, they're STILL not on my main page in their categories.

Is it possible to take the file that still contains the links, and just paste it into my links.db? Will that put everyone back where they're supposed to be?

Other than that, the search is working great - even with the External Rate Button.

http://www.gothicunderworld.com/links/pages

thanks again. :)

Quote Reply

I thought you are having problem with only external rating. I would suggest you to apply one MOD at a time to get better result.

I am not sure you can paste it or not. In links.db all the data are in the following format

#|site title|URL|date|category|description|contact name|contact email|#|No|No|#|#|Yes|

I think you can paste it as long as you follow the above format. But I am not sure.

Regards,

Pagla

Quote Reply
You can paste it in, but you have to be sure that none of the ID numbers are duplicated. You also want to ensure that the linksid.txt file contains the number of the highest ID in your links.db after you finish pasting and adjusting any of the ID numbers.

- Bobsie
bobsie@orphanage.com
http://goodstuff.orphanage.com/
Quote Reply
Thanks Bobsie,

Actually, I should have re-posted yesterday evening, I fixed it all up - even my links.db has been restored.

I'll be sure to post more questions here. :)

thanks again.