Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Don't know what to name it.

Quote Reply
Don't know what to name it.
Is there a way to configure add.cgi so that you can only add links to that category from inside that category, and if they aren't allowed to add links to that category (i.e. from the category select mod) that they get a message saying the have to be more specific or something like that? Yes, I know that was a run on sentence but, grammar was never my forte.
Quote Reply
Re: Don't know what to name it. In reply to

From links.cfg

Quote:
# Should your add.cgi automatically select what category the user
# is adding his link into?
$db_single_category = 1;

I don't know about an error message though.

Hope it helps.

Dan O.
Quote Reply
No, i think what he means is that it will go to the cgi, but if they aren't in a certain level of categories, they are still on the cgi but an error comes up. Someone here does that, but i don't know if they want to tell everybody. I could probably try to figure that out.

------------------
------------------------------------------
Lavon Russell
LookHard! Search
http://www.lh.yi.org
webmaster@lh.yi.org
Quote Reply
Yes! That's exactly what I mean!
Quote Reply
Get Bobsie's Exclude Categories Mod, or i think it may be called Category Select, but its on his mod site. Oh yeah, here it is, i had a bookmark goodstuff.orphanage.com/rcat_mod.html I haven't tried it but I've been meaning to. It looks good. And to achieve the answer to your full question, also do what DanO says. I don't know if it displays errors or not, maybe you can ask him.

------------------
------------------------------------------
Lavon Russell
LookHard! Search
www.lh.yi.org
webmaster@lh.yi.org

[This message has been edited by Bmxer (edited August 19, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Bmxer (edited August 19, 1999).]
Quote Reply
And the neat thing is, that mod was just updated to do exactly what kiel1 was asking for! Version 1.3, 19 Aug 99, is now available for the Category Select Mod.