Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Detailed view

Quote Reply
Detailed view
Hi I know this topic has been discussed before however after searching and reading previous posts for hours
I still dont have any answers.

First, I want to use links to review sites. I do not want to use it as a link data base.
My question is How do I add my review? The script automaticaly creates a detailed.html page but how do I add the content to this page? the admin section only allows me to add a description and nothing more.
Is there a mod that allows me to add my review using the admin section?

Thanks in advance

Quote Reply
Re: Detailed view In reply to
In Reply To:
The script automaticaly creates a detailed.html page but how do I add the content to this page?
You add tags like <%Description%> for field names from the links.def file.

In Reply To:
the admin section only allows me to add a description and nothing more. Is there a mod that allows me to add my review using the admin section?
There is an Admin Review Mod located in the Resource Center...basically it is a matter of adding fields and then inputting reviews via the admin.cgi script.

Also, there are public review Mods linked in the Resource Center that you can hack to only allow Admin to add reviews.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
"You add tags like <%Description%> for field names from the links.def file.''
Can you explain this a little more? Where do I add this Tag to? And how does this tag knows where to get the information from. Is there a step by step instruction
on how to set the detailed view. I don't know much about CGI any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Can you explain this a little more?
1) Boot your computer.
2) Open a text editor you use to edit programs.
3) Open the detailed.html file.
4) Type in tags like the following:

<%Description%>

Refer to the %db_def section of links.def file...See the field name called Description. Well, to use this field in your "links" related template file (like link.html and detailed.html), you use TAGS for the field names by enclosing field names with the following codes:

Code:

<%%>

In Reply To:
Where do I add this Tag to?
Again for the third time...in the appropriate template file.

In Reply To:
Is there a step by step instruction
on how to set the detailed view.
Yea...search this forum for Detailed Pages...this has been discussed TONS of times.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Add a new field to your links.def called Review. This will display a Review section to your Admin Panel. Then add <%Review%> somewhere on your detailed.html in your Templates folder. This will allow what you place in the Review section of your Admin panel to display on your detailed.html page.

Quote Reply
>> There is an Admin Review Mod located in the Resource Center

Can't find this mod anywhere ...

Is it still available?

Quote Reply
Read the following web page:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...rces/jump.cgi?ID=390

Regards,

Eliot Lee