Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Could I get some advice?

Quote Reply
Could I get some advice?
Hi,

If I posted a url, would someone see what's wrong with my site_html.pl file.

I am getting an error message, in the last sub, which is a section I never touched or wrote, though it is failing. I have looked and looked, but everything appears fine.

Martin Pitt
Quote Reply
Re: Could I get some advice? In reply to
Post the URL and I will look. Please provide some information as to what it will be that I am looking at or for.
Quote Reply
Hi Bobsie,

If you download the file from http://www.march.force9.co.uk/testdata/site_html.pl

When I build the file, it complains that there is an error near line 1617. This refers to the sub site_html_rate_failure {
which is right at the bottom of the file, also an area I have never touched.

Any ideas, because you finally convinced me to move over to Links 2.0 which I got install in about 3 days, just wanted to bring the old look over aswell.

Martin
Quote Reply
Martin,

I get a file not found error at that URL. Just send it to me attached to an email and I will take a looksee.

------------------
Bob Connors
bobsie@orphanage.com
www.orphanage.com/goodstuff/

Quote Reply
If possible, please repost it and change the extension to .txt so we can read it.

------------------
Quote Reply
Sorry guys my fault.

I had already changed the extension to .txt, that's why it failed.

Correct Url http://www.march.force9.co.uk/testdata/site_html.txt

Once again sorry about that.

Martin
Quote Reply
Martin,

The first thing I found is the top line of the script, which says:

Quote:
#!/usr/bin/perl

That line isn't needed for a .pl script (in Links v2.0). I don't know if that is what is causing the problem or not. Let me know what happens after you remove it.

By the way, the line #1617 that you mentioned is the very last line of the script after sub site_html_rate_failure. It is the line with just 1; on it.

Anyway, let me know how it goes.
Quote Reply
Bobsie,

I have loaded the site_html.pl, logged into admin and build the pages, without any error messages.

However this is a good one, all the pages still have the default Links 2.0 look, even though all the site_html.pl file gives all the new coding instructions.

The Admin appears to be working because I am able to add links etc from it.

Any options that I have missed to change?

Martin
Quote Reply
Maybe your using templates?
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yeah that's what I think, but how do I use the site_html.pl system like Links 1.0.

Is there any options that need turning off etc to make the system know I want to use the site_html.pl file?

I don't really like the Template idea, as site_html.pl gives me more design controls.

Martin
Quote Reply
The setting, "$build_use_templates = 0;", in links.cfg, will turn off templates.

I hope this helps.