Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Expired Links 1.0 Rereleased

Quote Reply
Expired Links 1.0 Rereleased
Hi. I am using Links 2.0 for a certain project again and decided to make a little site with my mods again. So far, I have only posted Expired Links because it is a small mod. I will get MyLinks and Review.cgi up as soon as I figure out how to make the mods to the files again.

Go here: http://www.jsu07.com/links/

I offer install services too. Just needed the extra cash for school.

Also.. my Links 2.0 project is kind of like what www.deviantart.com is. I was thinking about using Links SQL at first, but then I have no idea.. but I think Alex took my license away or something so I can't get the newest version anymore. It will be much more fun doing it in Links 2 anyways.

Thanks. Jerry
Quote Reply
Re: [widgetz] Expired Links 1.0 Rereleased In reply to
Oh yes. For the advanced users with access to cron.

Here is the cron nph-expired.cgi that you can run with cron to automate the expiring process instead of using the web-based interface.

http://www.jsu07.com/...ph-expired(cron).txt
Quote Reply
>>Also.. my Links 2.0 project is kind of like what www.deviantart.com is. <<

Ewww that site design is so bad. Black text on a dark background....ugh.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Expired Links 1.0 Rereleased In reply to
it's a neat site though. allows graphic designers to post their images and let people comment on them.. and everyone has their own profiles at NAME.deviantart.com..
Quote Reply
Whaz up, jerry! Hope all is going well..
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
I made a mod about a few months ago to your first expired links mod. I forget all the things I changed but I changed it so instead of setting the number of days, you set the date, in any format. I didn't want to post it on my sites since its not my mod but maybe you could host both yours, and yours + my additions. Or maybe you'll make your own who knows. What do you think?
Lavon Russell
LookHard Mods
lavon@lh.links247.net
Quote Reply
Re: [Bmxer] Expired Links 1.0 Rereleased In reply to
if you have the mod, i'll post it i guess.. i'm not going to update expired links.. it was a quick hack as i remembered it..

i'm just doing the photogallery mod thing for now
Quote Reply
Welcome back Jerry. Your are a great resource to our Links2 Community.

Good on you mate.
Quote Reply
Re: [IceWater] Expired Links 1.0 Rereleased In reply to
Hehe Im not sure he's "back".

>>Just needed the extra cash for school.<<

Last edited by:

RedRum: Mar 4, 2002, 2:35 AM
Quote Reply
Back using Links 2.0 again, sure. Back in these forums.. not exactly. Links 2 is the only perl thing I am doing right now. I found that php is more efficient for creating sites and learned it, but there was a reason why I chose to use Links 2.0 as the base of the project I'm working on.

I'm also making myself open for creating mods. Not for the general public though, to private individuals. There is a reason for that too.

I do not wish to participate in these forums because of a couple reasons, actually. The mods annoy me and Gossamer Threads....... well.. I could say I was lied to.. and then I could say I was used.
Quote Reply
What do you mean when you say the mods annoy you?
Quote Reply
Oh, I thought you meant mods as in modifications...lol.....moderators right?

Hmm I think I know the one you are thinking of, but I don't agree Smile.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Mar 4, 2002, 10:09 AM