Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

What's the story behind review.cgi?

Quote Reply
What's the story behind review.cgi?
Hi all,

I'm real close to purchasing Link2.0, but before I do so, I wanted to inquire about the Amazon-style mod 'review.cgi' by Widgetz and why it is no longer available for download. This type of mod would complete my checklist of mods to be added..but I see it is no longer available. Are there any alternatives? I tried emailing some of the original authors of these scripts (jerrysu, widgetz) but have found that they are no longer available.

What should I do?
Quote Reply
Re: [skunker] What's the story behind review.cgi? In reply to
The story (which has been stated many times in the forum) is that the particular MOD you are seeking written by jerrysu/Widgetz is no longer available for public release meaning that other Links 2.0 users cannot give you the MOD either.

There are alternatives in the Resource section of this site, click on Support, then on Resources, then go into the Links 2.0 -> Modifications section.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] What's the story behind review.cgi? In reply to
Hi,

I did do a search in this forum about this mod, but only was able to find out the same reply as your reply. I guess we'll just leave it as that? Wink Excuse my ignorance, but can you specifically tell me what mod is considered an alternative for 'review.cgi'? I can't seem to find any. I'll check again.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Search the forum for Glennu's Comments mod.
Quote Reply
Re: [Tho-chan] What's the story behind review.cgi? In reply to
http://cgi-resource.co.uk/pages/links2mods.shtml
Quote Reply
Like I stated BUB, go to the Resources section of this web site.

[Edited by Paul]
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Paul: Sep 8, 2002, 9:39 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] What's the story behind review.cgi? In reply to
I did, but there are none in there as far as I could see. Either way, I guess I can use the old comments1+ mod from that CGI Resources link. Thanks.
Quote Reply
actually, I did not see glennu's comments MODs in the Resource area and a search for comment or comments did not show them in thre Resouce either.

But glennu still has his site up and the comments MODs are listed on that that page. He called his mod Comments instead of review although they serve about the same purpose. You might try v3.1 or v4 lite as they have more advanced features. Just depends on your needs.

but don't expect any help from him as he is taking time off from links right now.

here is his site: http://cgi-resource.co.uk/pages/links2mods.shtml

Search the forum for addtional help with installing/problems

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."

Last edited by:

esm: Sep 8, 2002, 9:56 AM