Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Adding Fields (Troubleshooting)

Quote Reply
Adding Fields (Troubleshooting)
Hi,

I've read the post on: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=26890;search_string=adding%20fields;#26890 and added the required fields to links.def exactly as isNew (i want it to open in a new window, by the name of isPopUp) and made the $db_ispopup fix too so it will be set to 0.

After that i went to link.html and added 2 cases: <%if isPopUp%> and <%ifnot isPopUp%> (and I closed both with <%endif%>) and I added this: ($rec{'isPopUp'} eq 'Yes') ? ($rec{'isPopUp'} = 1) : (delete $rec{'isPopUp'}); to the site_html_template.pl.

Last i used upgrade_beta.pl to add a |No| at the end of each link in the links.db file.

After all that trouble I did "Build All" and when I went to the links home page it failed to show me the links with the url, instead it showed a text written the Contact email address for each link. Why is that?

Thanks A Lot,

Oren.

Last edited by:

ohecht: Jan 2, 2002, 8:33 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [ohecht] Adding Fields (Troubleshooting) In reply to
It seems that your database is corrupted. The order of fields in your links.db has to correspond to the fields you defined in links.def.
Quote Reply
I've checked it over and over again and it's not that.

The problem is that I have over 1000 links so I can't delete them...

Thanks anyway,

Oren.
Quote Reply
Grrr, you were right the upgrade.pl file made my votings equal No instead of 0 and thats it the new field isn't equal to nothing...

Now can any1 tell me how to add a field at the end?

Before: ...No

After: ...No|No

Thanks A Lot,

Oren.
Quote Reply
A few more things:
  1. First, i tested the popup thing by deleting my whole DB and it works but i need the script which will add a |No| field and the end.
  2. Second, instead of this:
    Code:
    ><a href="<%db_cgi_url%>/jump.cgi?ID=<%ID%>"><font size=2 face=tahoma><%Title%></font></a>&nbsp;</td>

I wrote this:
Code:

If its a 'Yes' it works but if its a 'No' it make a normal text, not a link.

Can anyone help me?

Oren.

btw

Sorry if it's bothering and annoting but I need it and it's very important.