Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

exit popup

Quote Reply
exit popup
i am trying to add an exit popup page when someone leaves my site. the only problem is when someone clicks on a category on the mainpage, the popup page opens. i can't figure out how to make the category links on the mainpage contain "onclick=exit=false"
is there anyone out there who has done this before or knows what i have to modify, so the category links are generated with the "onclick=exit=false"
Quote Reply
Re: [jmike] exit popup In reply to
Hi,

This can be done in the site_html_print_cat function in the site_html_templates.pl file at line ~403

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] exit popup In reply to
tandat

i tried this mod, and it didn't work

$output .= qq|<dl><dt><strong><a class="link" href="$url" onclick=exit=false>$category_name</a></strong> <small class="numlinks">($numlinks)</small> |;

am i doing something wrong?
Quote Reply
Can you remove this onclick=exit=false?

Cheers,

Dat

Blog
Quote Reply
i can remove it, but then what should i do?
Quote Reply
Then you do nothing. This will prevent the opening window when you click on the category link

Cheers,

Dat

Blog
Quote Reply
tandat

you have to add "onclick=exit=false" to all the links on the page where your exit popup javascript is. "onclick=exit=false" prevents the popup when the link is clicked on.

i just need to know how to make the script add "onclick=exit=false" to the category links on the mainpage.
Quote Reply
Oh, maybe I misunderstund. You want to put the code 'onlick =exit=false' and it should be worked there?

Cheers,

Dat

Blog
Quote Reply
yes, that is what i am trying to do
Quote Reply
hi guys .. what about step by step for popup on link out .. Wink

i mean .. i found a link i clic it new pop up windowe comes up that uses <%tags%> to include data of the link on that page ...

i.e.

popup.html

Site <%Title%> was brought to you by "whichevername". Site was submitted to our directory on <%Date%> .. etc

thanx in advance

Gregor
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
"onclick=exit=false"

onClick="exit=false" vs onClick=exit=false ??[/code]

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."

Last edited by:

esm: Apr 14, 2002, 8:38 PM