Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

phpadsnew in links2

Quote Reply
phpadsnew in links2
I am having a problem getting the banners to show up when i paste the code provide by phpadsnew, is anyone else using this banner rotator? Please if anyone could tell me anyother site using this, it would help me out a lot. If not could someone tell me a good banner rotator to use in links2 besides phpadsnew.

thanks

jamie
Quote Reply
Re: [jamies] phpadsnew in links2 In reply to
Are you building your static pages via .php extension?

If you are having problems within your .cgi scripts, a work-around was posted in this forum awhile back, I believe and also integrating PHP with CGI scripts was discussed awhile back in the DBMAN CUSTOMIZATION forum.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] phpadsnew in links2 In reply to
i am building the pages the same as they always are, i am just trying to insert the ssi call in the html pages.....This wont work?
Quote Reply
You need to have your FILE extension be PHP for all your static built pages in order for the PHP includes to work.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
I am using PHPadsNew with Links 2.0. I am calling my codes with a "direct/iFrame/JavaScript" combo to ensure that the banners are displayed on all pages.
Quote Reply
Re: [Tho:mas] phpadsnew in links2 In reply to
I'm using PHPAdsNew without any difficulty. To make things simpler I keep the banner code in an include file and use the Javascript code. It works fine.
Blacknight Solutions - Hosting
Search.ie
Armchair.ie
Quote Reply
Re: [blacknight] phpadsnew in links2 In reply to
I dont have a problem getting the adds to show up know but i cannot get them to display the ones i want. For example when some clicks on a category, lets say Computers and the script takes them to the computer category i would like to display a banner with the keywords computer, if anyone knows how to do this please let me know

thanks

jamie