Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Search Within Results

Quote Reply
Search Within Results
Hi,
I'm making something for my database to search within previous results. I completed it using temporary databases, but i have it deleting the files after the search the results. Or if they just don't even search within them, I feared the files of 30 kb's would stack up, so I made a cleanup thing for the folder. It works but sometimes deletes other peoples temp db's if their db has expired. I also decided to maybe do this, like having a checkbox field called swr which will equal the query and then when they check it, it will append the swr value to the beginning of the newest query. This doesn't work as good as the first, but I was wondering which one you think would be best. For the first option, I also thought about not deleting them at all, and using a cron job to delete them and run it every 20 minutes if the db's are 5 minutes old. What do you think?
Lavon Russell
LookHard Mods
lavon@lh.links247.net
Quote Reply
Re: [Bmxer] Search Within Results In reply to
That would be cool.....

I tell you what else would be cool - an available goto.com mod :P
Quote Reply
Re: [boomboom] Search Within Results In reply to
Goto.com is defunct! it doesn't exist anymore. What is this goto.com mod? I sweear I've heard of the name but I have no idea of what it is.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFreak] Search Within Results In reply to
I really don't care for goto.com or why people need to do things like that. It's not worth it, at least not on Links 2. Links SQL, pay per link would be ok.
BTW.. I don't really think what i did is gonna be a mod release. Just for my db. I have it implemented and working fine.
Lavon Russell
LookHard Mods
lavon@lh.links247.net