In Reply To:
I really wish you upgraded to one other 3 newer versions... any of them:
PortalLinks 1.0 (cookies)
    version: 2.0 posted 13-May-01
PortalLinks 2.0 (flatfile)
    version: 1.01 posted 01-May-01
PortalLinks 3.0 (mySQL)
    version: 1.0 posted 18-May-01
Which of them doesn't have the login and reg user function? Will that be easy for me to upgrade from my old code???

and... my old portals cannot span pages... how can i include it? if it is going to be tedious... how can i set max number of links added?

Quote Reply
Re: Where to find? In reply to
version 2.0 cookie does not have the registed users function but does have page spanning (the file is named portal_2.01.txt). The only posible problem is that your users cookie may become corrupt after upgrading. To prevent that, look for codes like this in your old copy:
Code:
split /x/
or
Code:
join /x/
and make sure that in the new script you are using the same thing (the bolding code from above) to split and join on.
Further instructions are in the readme file (readme_2.01.txt).
I just had an idea for upgrading cookie to flatfile...

--Drew
Free, hot camel soup for Links hackers...
http://www.camelsoup.com
Quote Reply
Re: Where to find? In reply to
sorrie for not reply ur post... was tied down by my crontab being not able to work...

hmmm i think it will be quite tedious to upgrade... so how can i include a code that only allow a number of links to be saved?

Quote Reply
Re: [King Junko II] Where to find? In reply to
I don't under stand where is it????????
rexxx webmaster
Quote Reply
Re: [rexxx] Where to find? In reply to
where is what? are you refering to the code change or the file? If it's the file then it's not available right now. Hopefully it will be up again this weekend.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [King Junko II] Where to find? In reply to
That is great!!

Can you send me an email when you have it up??Wink
rexxx webmaster
Quote Reply
Smile Well its the weekend???

Are they ready??
rexxx webmaster
Quote Reply
a little more patience please.... they've got to install the server and set up accounts from scratch before doing anything... plus I work 13 hour shifts on the weekend so I don't get home til 1am, and by then most sane people are sleeping.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [sponge] Where to find? In reply to
hi

camelsoup.com doesn t work anymore. is there still a way to get the files for a 'portal' mod ?

tanx
Quote Reply
Re: [jigme] Where to find? In reply to
http://www.perlmad.com/scripts/portal/index.txt

Please note that these files have been virtually untouched for two years and I'm not sure if everything works anymore.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Thanx a lot for your answer. Wink

When i go to 'http://www.perlmad.com/scripts/portal/', as explained in 'http://www.perlmad.com/scripts/portal/index.txt '

access is refused. Cool
Quote Reply
sorry, you just use the URL as teh base for the files listed under it. so it's http://www.perlmad.com/scripts/portal/ + portal.txt, etc.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Where to find? In reply to
All rightWink. Sorry to be stupid Crazy. Cheers. J.Blush
Quote Reply
Your mod seems to work very fine, than you very much. Wink

i tried something but unsuccessfully Unsure:

i use 2 separate 'links2' scripts in my site : 'links' (cgi-bin/links/admin/..) and 'postcards' (cgi-bin/postcards/admin/..).

then, i installed 'portal' mod in my 2 separated 'links' and 'postcards' scripts.

it would be fine if the users of 'my favorite postcards' are automatically subscribed to 'my favorite links', or vice-versa.

i tried to add simultanously the user.db file in 'cgi-bin/links/admin/data/portal/' and 'cgi-bin/postcards/admin/data/portal/' folders when i subscribe in any of the 'portal' form.

might be easy to do, but i don t know anything about programing.

Tanx if you know. Cheers. J.
Quote Reply
shouldn't be hard at all. Use a single users.db file. Edit portal.cgi so that whereever you have:
Code:
open (USER, "$db_lib_path/data/portal/users.db") or die ("File-Error 'users.db'. $!");
it points to the file you want to use. If you want a single users.db and single user links file for both it'd be much more work than it's worth.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
your script works very fine, tank you very much !!! SmileSmileSmile

i don t understand about 'send mail'. is there a link 'send my links by mail' that the visitor must click ? or does it send automatically ? actually i don t receive anything. i use the version 2.0

and i don t understand neither what should be written in 'portal_link_mail.html'.

tanx if you can answer.
> >