Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

A Dmoz search after Links

Quote Reply
A Dmoz search after Links
 I'm looking for someone who can integrate Links and Pod. That is, I'd like for folks to be able to search within my directory first. If I don't have the link, I'd want the script to seamlessly search Dmoz.
Possible?

David
Quote Reply
Re: A Dmoz search after Links In reply to
Yes...look at the Integrating Altavista Threads. Also there is a search redirection Mod written by Bmxer in the Resource Center.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
  Thanks, Eliot. I found the threads. They baffle me. What I'm actually after is paying someone to integrate the search. While I could go to guru or elance, I'd much rather come here, where folks are familiar with Links.
I've purchased a license for 2.0. It's up and running at www.gypsyqueen.com. What I want to do is integrate a Dmoz search with 2.0 with plans to export the whole mess to SQL sometime next year -- or whenever my own database of links exceeds 8,000 - 9,000 links.
And, as I said. I'm willing to pay for the integration.
Quote Reply
The better idea is to just use the script that was written to dump data from DMOZ into LINKS SQL...Search the LINKS Discussion Forum that link the script that does this and discusses DMOZ in greater detail.

Also, try contacting one of the LINKS Installers to help you.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center