Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

How to make: 'Search in this Category' option?

Quote Reply
How to make: 'Search in this Category' option?
Hi people, I'd like to know, how I do options: Search in this category or Search in the all Database, how?

------------------
Thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Re: How to make: 'Search in this Category' option? In reply to
Ah...This has already been referenced in QUITE A FEW threads. In fact, there is a recent Thread that was posted in the last week that links to where this Mod is located.

Search this forum more thoroughly in the future!

This Mod is located at:

www.widgetz.com/links_mods/

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited November 07, 1999).]
Quote Reply
No it's not.

It's not there at all.

If people post mods to help others, they should not suddenly withdraw that help. What is the point of spending hours and hours searching this forum for something - only to find it has been withdrawn because of some private dispute which has nothing to do with legitimate Links 2.0 licenced users?

I am really very, very disappointed with this.

I believe others have followed this person's example in suddenly withdrawing their mods. This, in effect, has sabotaged this support forum. Alex must be wondering why his licenced users are not very happy these days.

Warwick.

http://www.humorlinks.com
Quote Reply
first off, it is noones obligation to make mods, and if a site goes down noone bitches about mods being withdrawn, so if someone decides they don't want to support their mods, then that is their decision. And you can't judge or point blame of licensed users not being happy to people who don't even work for Gossamer. Nothing has sabotaged the link forum. You can't blame widgetz for that because he is one of the many who have built it up. Besides he is not even using Links 2.0 anymore so he probably doesn't have time to support these mods so he can take them off if he wants. If a licensed user wants them bad enough, they will come up with their own solution.
Also, nice attitude in the beginning, knowing that the last post of that post was almost a year ago. I think you searched for it just to post that. anyway, i don't really think widgetz or anyone else who withdrew their mods cares who is disappointed or not.

Quote Reply
Attitude? Whose attitude? -

In Reply To:
i don't really think widgetz or anyone else who withdrew their mods cares who is disappointed or not

your last line says it all

and yes, this forum in now riddled with red herrings and wild goose chases - not because sites have gone down, but because of deliberate senseless acts. What is the value of building something up if you are later going to pull the foundations out from underneath it? It just screws everybody up. I wouldn't mind so much, but we are told the reason is some personal feud or something.

Oh.. and please don't doubt my integrity. I am really interested in the mod in the title of this thread. I installed this version of the mod a long time ago but have lost the record of what was supposed to have been changed. It works fine, except there is an irritating problem with it when the focussed search results span several pages. Now I am unable to say whether the mod had a bug, or whether I simply installed it incorrectly.

Understand now?

http://www.humorlinks.com