Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

"Top Remote Search Affiliates" script?

Quote Reply
"Top Remote Search Affiliates" script?
Has anyone out there heard of a mod that basically allows you to present a search form for your directory on (unpaid) affiliate sites and have the sites from which the Top X number of searches have been conducted from displayed on the home page?

(basically think of a cross between though Altavista search boxes and those horrible Top Site lists)

We want to be able to have our listed sites add a search box for our directory to their site pages and then, in return, log the number of searches run from each site (tracked using the site's Links ID) and create a SSI call for the "Top Remote Search Affiliates" that we can embed within the home page

Any thoughts?

Quote Reply
Re: "Top Remote Search Affiliates" script? In reply to
Use the Keylogger Mod listed in the Resources Section of this web site. Hack to include the parameters (example remote web site through HTTP_REFERER environmental variable) you want.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Should be pretty easy actually. I'll try and complete a mod tonight.

-----
Toaster: A gift that every member of the family appreciates. Automatically burns toast.
Quote Reply
I would be interested in that mod too, so please let mek now when you have it done. Thanks in advance for the mod.

SearchAt!- Directory of Services
http://webbusinessservices.hypermart.net
Quote Reply
Thanks RinceWind, I think its a mod that lots of people would find useful -- it's a nice way to promote your site and give something back to those who help you promote it

Anthrorules -- where's "Keylogger Mod" -- I didn't see it in the resource listing

Quote Reply
GO HERE:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...urces/jump.cgi?ID=50

Found it using Keyword! Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee