Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Pre Sales :

pre sale q

Quote Reply
pre sale q
hi

(license 5 domains) can i use 1 database under many sites?

what i mean here i have aportal with many versions like

blabla us

blabla uk

blabla france

ect...
Quote Reply
Re: [alan7548] pre sale q In reply to
Hi,

The 5 domain license basically means you can support webmail for 5 domains with one installation of Gossamer Mail. The license specifically states that you can only have one installation of Gossamer Mail per license, but from this one installation, you'll be able to manage the mail for 5 domains.

Take a look at our demo for example:

http://mywebmail.gossamer-threads.com/

And you'll see that there are two domains in the drop-down list that you can sign-in and sign-up for.

So with your portal, you could setup webmail.portal.com and have that installation of Gossamer Mail handle the webmail for all your sites, up to 5. The only requirement for this is that for each domain you want to support, you can create a "catchall" email account. Let me know if you wish more explanation on the catchall account.

Just to clarify, one license only allows installation one time of Gossamer Mail, hooked up to one database. But the Standard license can support mail for 5 domains, the Professional for 100 and the Enterprise has unlimited domain support.

Let me know if any of the above is not clear.

Jack.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] pre sale q In reply to
In Reply To:
And you'll see that there are two domains in the drop-down list that you can sign-in and sign-up for. Yes, Similar To The Above But No drop-down List I Simply Creat A Subdomain For Each Domain, So that when a french user want to sign up simply will go to : fr.domain.com ect... and still hooked up to one database. can you please clarify this for me before pushase. thank you . alan
Quote Reply
Re: [alan7548] pre sale q In reply to
Hi Alan,

Yes, you could do that, run Gossamer Mail on a certain domain, say webmail.com, and then setup a sub-domain fr.webmail.com that would redirect to webmail.com calling up the French templates and also the French domain.

You could also setup en.domain.com which would also redirect to webmail.com passing in the domain name and requesting the English templates.

If you have all the domains on one dedicated Linux/Unix machine, you could even set it up so that Apache mod_rewrite preserves the sub-domain name instead of showing the webmail.com address.

Should you wish to host with http://www.gossamerhost.com, we can setup the above for you at no charge, but if you are hosting elsewhere, you might want to check with that hosting company that they can set that up for you.

Only one installation of Gossamer Mail is required to do all of the above, which simplifies everything from template modifications to database management, and especially when it comes time to upgrade the program to the next version.

Jack.