Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Pre Sales :

configuration question

Quote Reply
configuration question
I have an ignorant question here...but I have to ask...

I'm hosting through webaxxs, who says they allow web based email scripts to be configured without any problems. They use a program called Plusmail to configure the alias names for email forwarding to other users. I would like to have the Gossamer Mail for members to signup for free email accounts, but still be able to allow those who have an email alias be able to check their mail using outlook or whatever they use.

The catch all account is the default for anything not sent to them specifically wich ends up in my inbox...will Gmail still allow them to use outlook or will they have to go to the site to read their mail?

Thanks for any info...

Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Re: configuration question In reply to
I believe you could set-up POP3 accounts, but I don't know if this is included in GT Mail.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi,

Sorry I'm not clear on what you want? Do you want people to be able to signup and get a free mail account in Gossamer Mail and to be able to check that mail remotely? Or do you want people to be able to signup and get free email, but people who already have pop accounts can still get their mail from home.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Don't feel bad...I don't think I was clear on what I wanted either...

I have a number of email aliases already setup in addition to pop3 email addresses for a particular domain. Will those people still be able to retrieve their email like they do now, or will they have to go through gmail once it's installed? I think I figured it out now...but never hurts to ask the pros...

Thanks,

Steve

Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Hi,

When you install Gossamer Mail and set it to work off a "catch all" account. It handles all mail that goes to that account. So only mail that would have gone to the catch all originally would be affected. Any existing pop boxes or forwards/aliases won't be affected by Gossamer Mail.

Hope that helps,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.