Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Pre Sales :

Shared Dedicated Hosting Allowed?

Quote Reply
Shared Dedicated Hosting Allowed?
Good Day,

I am looking at Gossamermail program and ofcourse will require hosting for it. I prefer to use the hosting service provided by Gossamer as the chances are good that the servers are built more specific to the programs that they sell and service.

After looking at the cost of the hosting service it works out to an huge difference between the per account (based on 10 MB accounts) between Shared Server Plan A and Dedicated Server Plan A, if memory serves me correct the difference is over $7.00 per account cheaper with the dedicated server plan.

(a) is a person who has a dedicated server allowed to resale any unused space to another person who wants to run Gossamermail?

(b) if the answer to the above question is yes is there anyone on these forums that has extra space to sale and if so what are the specs that you are willing to sale and for how much. For example please state what the cost per account for a 5 MB and 10 MB account with the allotment of bandwidth per account. Also state in what size blocks you are willing to sale 5, 10, 15, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Selushen] Shared Dedicated Hosting Allowed? In reply to
Hi,

A staff member pointed me towards your thread. I believe I can help.

I can offer you the features you require to run Gossamer Mail as well as mod_perl if your site has quite a bit of traffic.

Disk space incurs a minimal fee (although it would be good to know what kind of space you'd need), the bandwidth usage is more of a concern, price wise. Do you know what amount of bandwidth you'd need?

You can email pwilson@wiredon.net if you want.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 23, 2002, 11:33 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Selushen] Shared Dedicated Hosting Allowed? In reply to
Hi,

Yes, if you have a dedicated server, you are free to resell accounts (you must provide support, we only provide support to the account owner).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.