Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Pre Sales :

Gossamer Mail Questions

Quote Reply
Gossamer Mail Questions
One of the things I noticed that got my attention is that Gossamer Mail will work with pre-existing databases. I have a site that is a members only that is a rewards based site -- and have a specially written MySql script for that. What I'm looking for is something that I can integrate into the existing script whereby I can send email to my users specially coding in their members name so they can be rewarded for purchases from sponsors and advertisers. I don't know if I'm explaining myself well enough -- I have someone who can help me with the integration (I hope - he wrote my script that runs the site from scratch) -- but before I spend the money, I want to be sure it can do what I need it to do -- btw, thanks for MySql Man - it's a lifesaver!

Lorri Nevil
FS&B
http://www.freestuffandbargains.com
Quote Reply
Re: Gossamer Mail Questions In reply to
Hi,

Yes it's definately possible. It does require some perl skill though. All the functions you need to update are in one Authenticate.pm file. You simply update these to authenticate off your other database, and Gossamer Mail takes it from there. We have implemented it to authenticate off .htaccess, off an NT .asp server, off another mysql database quite easily.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Oh neat Alex -- okay one more question -- when I send out
email to users as the administrator, is there a variable that I can substiture IN the body of that email for their username?

i.e.

Here's a reminder of your
username: [[un]]
password: [[pw]]
etc -- not just set up when they sign up or request
lost password? but for use in the body!

Thanks!
Lorri

Lorri Nevil
FS&B
http://www.freestuffandbargains.com
Quote Reply
Hi,

Unfortunately there is no ability to send mass emails to users (customized or not customized). We have added this to the next version which should be in beta any week now.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.