Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Pre Sales :

Can GM send you've got mail notifications?

Quote Reply
Can GM send you've got mail notifications?
I am very seriously considering the purchase of GM and would like to know if the program can notify users that they have mail on the GM system?

I would be using this on a site that has an extensive "member" database (mySQL). I would like to be able to send a message to the member's external e-mail (already defined in a mySQL table) that they have new mail on the GM system.

Basically here's the proposed scenario...

1) A member sends an e-mail to another member's GM address.
2) GM would then send an email to whomever@somewhere-else.com
3) Whomever would then receive an e-mail at somewhere-else.com with a message indicating there is a message waiting for them at the GM address.

If this scenario is not supported, how difficult would it be for me to hack it in? I am very fluent in Perl.

Quote Reply
Re: Can GM send you've got mail notifications? In reply to
Hi,

Adding this extra feature would be pretty simple, you would simply write a plugin that would be a pre hook to the function that inserts the message. It would take about 15 minutes to write.

Cheers,

Scott

Quote Reply
Since it so simple as you state, why not just put it in the final version due out Friday?!Smile

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I am very fluent in Perl.
Surely you could write it yourself then?

Installations:http://www.wiredon.net/gt/
Favicon:http://www.wiredon.net/favicon/

Quote Reply
Hi,

No, we have a feature freeze and have not added any new features in the past two weeks to make sure that we can release and it will be bug free.

Once it's out we can start creating add-ons that will enhance the product. Things like "You've Got Mail" Notifications could be done as a plugin in a number of different ways (email notify, icq page, pager page, etc) and would be very simple to add in.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
No, we have a feature freeze and have not added any new features in the past two weeks to make sure that we can release and it will be bug free.
Got you, Alex. Will like to see the plug in soon. Maybe I need to learn how to write plugin even I'm not a perl expert to make life easier.Smile

Quote Reply
Any news on this plugin or development?

Thanks,
Emilio

Quote Reply
Re: [ekaram] Can GM send you've got mail notifications? In reply to
Again wondering whether there is any update on when this feature will be availableBlush