Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Pre Sales :

ETA -- GM 2.1

Quote Reply
ETA -- GM 2.1
Hi Alex

When is GM 2.1 Scheduled for release. BTW what are the new features going to be? I have been consistently glued to the Announcements section. Any new templates planned with 2.1? or it will be bundled with the templates on .ca account?

My dual cpu raid1 hd 2gb ram server is up. Now I am just waiting for the release of 2.1 before the payments for the same are initiated.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] ETA -- GM 2.1 In reply to
It should be pretty soon. I'm finishing up with some bug fixes, and then I need to fix up the upgrade/installer, followed by testing. This release is mainly a maintenance release (bug fixes, improvements), but we've added a few new features on the users side (message preview, empty trash on logout, etc). 2.1 will include the two new templates that many of you have already seen.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] ETA -- GM 2.1 In reply to
Thnx

I am sure the features for enhancing the utility for the PAID Model usage and the one of "On Mouse Over" displaying first few characters (128/256 or whatever) is also there without really opening the mail Actually, this feature has been there on the @mail which is a new feature indeed.

Hope these two come bundled in with the new release.....

Anup

=_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_=

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
-Mahatma Gandhi
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
empty trash on logout, etc)

brilliant idea!!

r
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] ETA -- GM 2.1 In reply to
Hi,

Yeah it is. but consider the following situation:

The user deletes the mail and realises that one or more important mails have been deleted by mistake. Now he would like to go to trash and move the mail. But before that can be done... power fails. Will tah be recognized as logout. If yes then the "Important Mail" is lost forever. If no then fine. In fact Mailreader.com the trash empty (though there is no trash there) happens with the deleted mails only when logout is clicked. If the browser is closed (without clicking logout ) or due to power failure then the deleted mails are never deleted actually.....

Any Comments.... I am just an observer and do not understand the complexities of cgi, browser etc....

Anup
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hi,

Yeah it is. but consider the following situation:

The user deletes the mail and realises that one or more important mails have been deleted by mistake. Now he would like to go to trash and move the mail. But before that can be done... power fails. Will tah be recognized as logout. If yes then the "Important Mail" is lost forever. If no then fine. In fact Mailreader.com the trash empty (though there is no trash there) happens with the deleted mails only when logout is clicked. If the browser is closed (without clicking logout ) or due to power failure then the deleted mails are never deleted actually.....

Any Comments.... I am just an observer and do not understand the complexities of cgi, browser etc....

Anup

From what I understand the auto trash will be part of the logout function, so if a browser crashes the mail will still remain in the box. Perhaps brewt can shed some light on this one.

cheers,
r.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Now he would like to go to trash and move the mail. But before that can be done... power fails. Will tah be recognized as logout.
No, only explicit logouts (clicking on the logout button) will empty out trash. Automatic logouts (session expires), do not empty your trash.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Perfect 10!
Quote Reply
I'm just about to do a fresh install of GM. I was hoping to do it today, or should I wait for 2.1? Any thoughts on when it will be ready?
Quote Reply
Re: [zoherest] ETA -- GM 2.1 In reply to
I'd wait for 2.1. We're doing testing right now, so I'm pretty sure we should get it out next week.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thats really good news. The wire transfer for GM (2.1) shall be initiated by us on Wednesday and so i am sure that i'll be JIT for the 2.1 (amongst the first few). The bank confirmation from our bamkers shall be sent to you on Friday....

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Ok... I think we'll wait... how much have the templates changed? (I noticed that on the demo site you have a "New" template, or is that really old?) Does 2.1 resolve the Mac issues around having multiple <input type=image [..]> tags?

Thanks for your help! We're anxious to get going on modifying our templates and getting it working for all of our users as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Chris

PS: If it's possible to get an advance view into the templates to plan our updates, my e-mail address is chris@acornmail.com.