Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Pre Sales :

GM 2.1 No Onmouseover ???

Quote Reply
GM 2.1 No Onmouseover ???
Hi Alex,

I remeber that for 2.1 you had said that this feature of displaying admin settable 256/512 characters when mouse is taken over the subject of the mail would be easy to implement on a global scale.

However, I do not find any such thing either in Admin or the Actual Mail. Is thsi not implemented. This I had seen recently on @mail recent version which has been released by them. Please confirm whether this has been implemented or not in the recent version of GM. I was just waiting for this feature to be there and it is not thereFrown

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] GM 2.1 No Onmouseover ??? In reply to
It is implemented. As long as your browser supports showing title="..." contents (IE 5.5+, Netscape 6.x, Mozilla all do), then you'll message preview show when you hold your mouse cursor over the subject. You can change this to be a javascript (eg. overlib) easily by modifying the templates (It's just a template variable).

The size of this message preview is user definable (0 - 500 in length). The default should be set to 100 in length for the message preview. If you've signed up for an account on freemail.gossamer-threads.com/mywebmail.gossamer-threads.com before the 2.1 update, then your default will be 0. Just go into Options => Display => Message preview length. The option only shows up on the "brewt" and "nessa" templates though.

There's a few new features on the user side you should take note of:
1) Of course, the message preview
2) Empty Trash button (in Trash folder)
3) Send deleted mail to Trash (Options => Mailbox)
4) Empty Trash on logout (Options => Mailbox)
5) Show message source (Message => Header => Show Full Message Source)
6) Send email to people in Address book from the Address book page (Select their name, and click Send Email)
7) Improved Help pages
8) Many people wanted the quota to be reported on the main page... you got it Cool
8) Many other smaller bug fixes Smile

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] GM 2.1 No Onmouseover ??? In reply to
Hi,

Why can't message preview work for IE 5.1 for MAC? It does with @Mail!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Surfer2] GM 2.1 No Onmouseover ??? In reply to
BTW, how can I view threaded messages in 2.1?
Quote Reply
Hi,

Oh i missed that as I was looking for it in Admin to be set globally. Anyway, thats just fine.

>>

Many people wanted the quota to be reported on the main page... you got it Cool
>>

Great. Just in case the same can be cloned like HM style with a status bar type of display.....

The formalities with the bankers have been completed and the payments shall hopefully be WT on coming Monday....

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
You can easily make it compatible with most javascript capable browsers by changing the template to use overlib.

Have you tried the demo? I'm actually not 100% sure on which browsers that support displaying the TITLE tag. Note that if you signed up for a freemail.gossamer-threads.com account before I updated it to 2.1, you'll have to go into Options => Display Options and change the Message Preview value.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Go into Folders => Select a folder, Properties, and there you can turn on Message Threading.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yes i have tried the demo and i am delighted. However, today i have just noticed a funny behaviour. In the sent folder the pop up box comes and goes for one of my mails. You can check that. I am sending you a PM on that (username and pwd)

I am on IE6

Thnx

Anup