Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Pre Sales :

vBulletin integration

Quote Reply
vBulletin integration
I have a 5K userbase at my vBulletin installation. In a case we setup GM + vB integration, will the existing users automatically
get an e-mail account or will they need to re-register or do any other steps to get it?

Is GM compatible with vB 3.5.0 cause i consider upgrading?

Quote Reply
Re: [Danilov] vBulletin integration In reply to
Hi,

We do have a free plugin available for Gossamer Mail that allows you to authenticate off a VBulletin version 3.x installation. Users won't have to signup for a new account, this can happen seamlessly once the plugin is installed and operating properly.

Jack.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] vBulletin integration In reply to
Jack, did i get you right - we will just add mail functionality to all exsisting vBulleting accounts?

So, basically speaking, can i can consider existing vBulletin accounts as pre-registered
GM accounts?
Quote Reply
Yes, with the installation of Gossamer Mail, and the proper integration of the Auth_VBulletin plugin, all your existing VBulletin users will have access to webmail functionality.

Jack.
Quote Reply
And is it possible to give mail access to a selected vBulletin usergroup only?
(LinksSQL plug-in lacks such a functionality...)

Last edited by:

Danilov: Oct 23, 2005, 10:57 AM
Quote Reply
Hi Danilov,

Not by default, but if there is a custom field in VBulletin through which you can identify permissions, then we can do some custom work to the authentication plugin to look for a value in that field before allowing access.

For custom work though, please PM me or email me directly rather than communicating through the forum.

Thanks,

Jack.
Quote Reply
And what happens with vB-users who have vB logins with non-Enlish characters or special charactes?
Can they access mail?
Quote Reply
Hi Danilov,

I believe that the plugin replaces special characters with regular characters as they are not acceptable email addresses. We can do some custom coding as well if you have different characters that need to be accomodated.

Jack.