Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Raq4i
I am very interested in purchasing Gossamer-Mail, but need to know if anyone has set it up on a Raq4i. (Raq's being kind of finicky). I recently went and got a Raq, and had no problem, other than the nph headers with Links, and need to know if there are any problems setting up Gossamer-Mail on a Raq??
Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: Raq4i In reply to
Hi,

No, you should not have any problems running Gossamer Mail with a Raq. It can be a bit tricky getting catch all accounts to work on older raqs, but I haven't had problems with raq 4's.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
I bought a RaQ4i from rackshack.net, what a pile of S***. Unbenownst to me, email from most European domains were being bounced by Cobalt's anti-spam "feature". I only heard about this when friends and business contacts wrote to me (on an alternate address) saying all their email kept bouncing - and I had bought this RaQ to run a webmail service!

Fortunately the company offered a full refund, though I am still waiting to receive this.. All is not lost, apparently they now have a patch to fix this problem, but having played with the RaQ for a few months, I'd never go back. The little quirks of the system and the kludge of web based and telnet admin I had to go through just irritated the hell out of me. You only have to take one look at the interface to know this machine is cheap and cheerful.

Regards

Jason

Quote Reply
I have Gossamer Mail on a RAQ4 and have no problems. Also catchall's are very easy to set up. From the control panel you just enter

@domain.com

...into the email box for a specific host and anything@domain.com will be accepted, hence it is a catchall.

Installs:http://wiredon.net/gt
FAQ:http://www.perlmad.com

Quote Reply
Where specifically do you enter @domain.com in the raq admin? In the email server, or the dns setting (add a mx record part). I have been trying to do the same thing for another e-mail (Alias-M###, bad mistake), but have been unsuccessful with it too. If I can get it to work, then I know I can get gossamer mail to work. The reason I want to switch from Alias-M### to Gossamer-Mail is the lack of support from them, plus the integration feature with my existing Links program. Also, will LinksSQL integrate with both Gossamer-Mail and DBManSQL. Currently I have LinksSQL and DBManSQL. I am trying to set up DBManSQL to be a "My Netscape/Yahoo" sort of program. If it'll ingrate too, it'll be just that much easier...

Quote Reply
We do have an Alias-M### import script and just finished importing it for another user (imports everything from signatures, to demographics, to messages and custom folders).

As for integration, we are building a central authentication system that will be used by all our products.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.