Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Pre Sales :

GM vs ATMAIL

Quote Reply
GM vs ATMAIL
Hi,

I like the GT products and I use link-sql. I also want to buy a webmail system.

I searched for sms-functionality for email-messages and found that www.atmail.com have that function.

Is GT working on that or will it not be implemented?

thanks,
ron
Quote Reply
Re: [rsahertian] GM vs ATMAIL In reply to
Hi,

My personal advise. Do not go for atmail. I keep freqenting their site and just y'day i found a bug in their system when trying to access a remote account (IMAP). They do not have a support system as active and invloved as GT. Also it is slow. Also i am somehow uncomfortable with per user licensing policy. @mail is in fact having a licensing policy much like joydesk.com

As for sms I am sure GT would be well informed about what others are offering and taking all steps to stay ahead of them.

Just my personal opinion...

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [rsahertian] GM vs ATMAIL In reply to
Indeed Ron,

We're not exactly heavy users of SMS here in Canada, but the rest of the world seems to be up on it and with the final introduction of the keyboard phones here in Canada, I think SMS will become more widespread here.

We would like to add SMS functionality to the next version of Gossamer Mail, and are researching it right now. However, it's a sometimes difficult process because there are slightly different standards for each country if I am not mistaken and it might be difficult to add all the options into Gossamer Mail so that it works globally.

In any case, this is something we're definitely looking at adding in, I just can't give you any timelines right now.

Jack.