Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Pre Sales :

Does GT Recommend a Specific OS for Mail

Quote Reply
Does GT Recommend a Specific OS for Mail
Does GT recommend any specific OS?

I may point you in the direction of an organization whose mail server has died. They were using NT4 and post.office (1000 users) and the web-edge (web-based reading) email "plugin".

Once they get an operating system installed they'd probably be interested in GTmail and the pop3 plugin. I don't think they had any kind of calendar with post.office, but I'm not sure.

They'd also need MySQL set up (preferably by GT) and any other required programs/modules.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Does GT Recommend a Specific OS for Mail In reply to
PS: They utilize various mailing lists, does GTmail have any kind of listserv or way of managing mailing lists?
Quote Reply
Hi,

We don't recommend a specific OS, but to give you an idea, we run Linux with MySQL and mod_perl.

If you'd like specific details, please contact me via Private Message.

We can either setup the server for your contact remotely, or they can also choose to host their mail with us on one of our machines optimised to run Gossamer Mail.

Jack.
Quote Reply
No,

Gossamer Mail does not have a mailing list manager bundled into it.

However, on Monday morning next week, we're getting ready to release a new program called Gossamer List which is a dedicated mailing list manager. That program can manage the mailing lists and the sending of the mass mails while Gossamer Mail handles the mailbox of individual users.

Jack.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] Does GT Recommend a Specific OS for Mail In reply to
In Reply To:
However, on Monday morning next week, we're getting ready to release a new program called Gossamer List which is a dedicated mailing list manager.

Niiiiiiiiiicccccccceeeeeeeeeeee. Smile

regan