Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

white list

Quote Reply
white list
just ran across this when i emailed a friend who set up a white list program that basically only allows people he knows to email him, kind of the opposite of a black list like the realtime blackhole list. When you first send him an email you get a message back that you have to confirm your desire to email him, basically getting rid of tons of spam (I'm guessing it's sent of to /dev/null). I'm wondering if anyone has seen anything like this and if it can be added into GM as an option, preferably an upgrade that folks can pay for. Anyone have any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: [JerryP] white list In reply to
That would be a neat idea to implement, although this would probably be more suited to personal use (it seems rather unprofessional for businesses to require a verification email). You would probably want all your 'blackholed' email to go into a folder (so that you still have the email if they send the verification email), and these messages would be purged after a while. When the sender verifies, all emails from them in that folder would be moved into your inbox. I think this should all be doable using a plugin...

Adrian