Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
wap
Hi

Just curios....Do I need something special to have wap pages ? I see that GT Mail use it, and it seems to work, but I thought I needed anything special on the server to utilizize wap?

Quote Reply
Re: wap In reply to
You do and Alex has already addressed this issue in the WAP Templates Thread in the Links SQL Question Forum.

Good Luck! Using the forum's search engine does wonders! Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi,

I think Eliot may be mistaken, I'm not sure which post he is referring too, but no, with Gossamer Mail you don't need anything to enable WAP. Simply have your users point their cell phones to:

http://yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/user/login.cgi?t=wap

and they can use WAP. Nothing extra is required (make sure you have the latest version of Gossamer Mail, as it wasn't added till 1.1.5).

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
I am referring to the Post you submitted in the Links SQL Question where you talked about setting the MIME type for WAP enabled files in servers.

That is what I was talking about.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Ah! I see now. =) In Gossamer Mail the mime type issues are fully integrated, so nothing else extra is required. Not so in Links SQL.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hello Alex,
Everybody is talking about WAP enable Links SQL and Gossamer Mail, but i think no body is interested in making a WAP enable Links 2.0
Just changing the MIME types is just not enough in order to run the directory through Mobile Phones.
Alex can you please provide with and FAQ or a thread where you can just explain us how to have a dual Directory with same database. Or anybody else who have the idea of how to do it.
I personally just want to have 2 directory output.(A normal HTML one and the other WML one). I want to utilize the same database.I know i will need 2 different templates for it. If anybody can provide me with step by step instruction than it would be a world of good.

Thanks in advance

Best Regs
JackofNone