Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

urgen help anyone! incoming.pl has stopped

Quote Reply
urgen help anyone! incoming.pl has stopped
hi,

my incoming.pl has stopped delivering messages for some reason. the root account is being emailed this messag every time it runs...

Unble to read from socket, reason (Broken pipe). Read: ([undefined]) at ./incoming.pl line 689.

how can I fix this one? (fairly urgently if possible!)

thanks

regan.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] urgen help anyone! incoming.pl has stopped In reply to
Can you run it with the -v option to get the debugging information? Email me the results.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] urgen help anyone! incoming.pl has stopped In reply to
Hi Adrian,

I've got it working again now "some how". Crazy phew! I'm not sure how exactly.

When I first checked the mail file it was 6.7MB. So what I did was change the password on the catchall account (because I'd forgotten it!) and then set up an account in Eudora to pop it but leave the mail on the server. When I checked it only one mesage came through... and after checking why I found that all of the other messages had been successfully delivered - after I changed the password.

Not sure if there might have been something corrupt with the mail file?

When doing a -v on incoming.pl it was hanging when trying to bounce a message - not sure why?

Any idea what might have gone wrong from what I've explained?

Regan.

ps. thanks for answering so quickly!
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] urgen help anyone! incoming.pl has stopped In reply to
Hello!

This had nothing to do with your password or login.

If you would have waited, it may have changed it by itself. I noticed a similar such case with my installation. I guessed that it was one of the message having an attachment with it. After a while there where other messages coming in and the incoming.pl started working again!

The same happened to me. The only difference was that I did not change the password, OK!