Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

undelivered message!

Quote Reply
undelivered message!
Using G mail Version: 2.2.3

We recently getting undelivered messages when it is not true, the messages are always delivered.
Sometimes :

- Reason: The user has exceeded the space quota.

and some times

- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
Failed; 5.3.0 (other or undefined mail system status)
Remote MTA mail.mydomain.com: network error

What this error could be?

Many thanks
Antoine

Quote Reply
Re: [antoined] undelivered message! In reply to
The first error will occur if the email that is being delivered to the Gossamer Mail user will bring them over their allowed space. So for example, if the user has a 1MB limit, and they are currently using no space (0B), and they receive a 1.1MB email, that email will bounce with that error.

The second error isn't a Gossamer Mail error, but an error from your mail server. Perhaps your ISP is having some connectivity issues?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] undelivered message! In reply to
Thank you for the reply,
Actually, by Gmail we are running two domain names on our server.
domain1.com
domain2.com
now the messages sent to domain2.com are all delivered without problems. While the ones sent to domain1.com are getting back with The Undelivered Message like:
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message
to '<name@domain1.com>'. Reason: The user has exceeded the space quota.
note, we have verified that all these users to whom were sent the test message have NOT exceeded 20% of their inbox capacity.

It was running properly for a long time, and now I don't know what is happening also I don't know where to put my hands.
Any help please.
Antoine

Quote Reply
If you send me admin and shell access and an example user that this is happening with, I can take a look at it for you.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I sent you a PM, please take a look.

Thank you very much

Antoine
Quote Reply
The problem is that your mail server does not add a Delivered-To (or equivalent header), so gmail must rely on the To/Cc/Bcc/Received headers to determine who mail is intended for (setups like this may get duplicate emails to users and can't deliver Bcc'ed emails). However, the Received line contains your catchall address and you also have a user in gmail that shares the same username, so all mail is also being delivered to this user. I've modified your incoming.pl to not look at the Received header, but you can also fix this problem by removing that user.

Adrian
Quote Reply
It seems working properly now.

Many Many Thanks

Antoine