Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

text/plain & Signature question?

Quote Reply
text/plain & Signature question?
Hi,

If you could explain this to me it would be appreciated. When I send an email from Eudora to one of my webmail accounts, it leaves my computer and a signature is attached to the bottom of the message. ok.

When I view the received message in GM, the message is seperated from the signature which should still be part of it. The message body is under the main text/plain link, and the signature looks like it comes included as an attachment in another text/plain link - but never the twain shall meet.

How come?

Thanks
Regan.

Quote Reply
Re: text/plain & Signature question? In reply to
Hi,

Could you send me an email with a signature so I can have a look at the source? It is probably attaching the signature as a text file. I've never seen that before so I didn't account for it in the display.

Cheers,

Scott

Quote Reply
Hello there!°

I have always seens this too and wondered, but never came to the point of posting here.

Quote Reply
Hi,

This turns out to be a problem with Eudora. If you attach a file, Eudora "attaches" your signature. This is very strange behaviour, and even Microsoft Outlook does not display it properly (it displays it just like Gossamer Mail does, as an attachment). We will accomodate this in a future release.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.